Wednesday 31 July 2013

Sri Durgiana Temple , Amritsar

"Silence is an empty space, space is the home of the awakened mind...."



Sri Durgiana Temple is the important religious pilgrimage destination of The Hindus in the Northern India. Famous with the "Silver Temple" name, because have the beautiful silver in front of the doors. The shape little bit look like golden temple but with the small size and simple look.



After finish my "kulcha" breakfast, i decide to visit this place. Not realy far, just 10 minute by rickshaw from Golden Temple Area and you just need to pay 20 Rs. But it's difficult because not many rickshaw driver there understand english language, and some even can't read. So it will be easy if you just say, Durga temple/Silver temple and they will understand and take you there.



Besides the beautiful temple in the middle of the holy water , the surroundings area there is realy nice. My advice is visit not in prayer time. Not many people inside, so you can walk around the holy water and see all the nice statues of the hindu gods on the side and in the water. They are really beautiful and colorful.

After walk throught the market and the crowded traffic in Amritsar, i feel peace and very calm when entering this place.I spend some hours there, sit beside the water, listen the live darshan inside the dome, while my lens continued captured all around there.



Note:
Try to visit when there are soothing bhajans (devotional songs), held daily from around 7.30 AM to 9.30 AM and 6.30 PM to 8.30 PM
Dressed polite and remove your shoes outside
Free entry and Photography is not allowed inside the temple dome.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I simply adore your Amritsar series, Mareta. I really feel like I am there, you are taking us along! Spectacular photos (as always) and the next time I am headed to Amritsar and the Golden temple, I know where I have to look for, for my travel tips. Super work, keep it coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Arti, im sure you will love this place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures shared by you of Sri Durgiana Temple, Amritsar are really awesome. I also liked these pictures. I can feel, you liked your trip to this temple. If interested you can check here mythological significance of this temple.

    ReplyDelete