Saturday 17 July 2021

Ladakh India - The Little Tibet (I)

Ladakh is the one destination that i have wanted to visit since 2010. This region known as "Little Tibet", is a bastion of  Buddhist calm in a wild region. Ladakh owns many old monasteries and has a strong root of Tibetan Buddhism in India.

Even though this place is stand in a  conflict area , between Jamu Kashmir and Border of Pakistan, still we can call this place heaven on earth. Not just because of the view but the people here are very spiritual and also peaceful.

How to reach Ladakh..?

Many traveller pick road trip, from delhi or other city because beautiful scenery around. And road trip good for acclimatization. Because  ladakh is situated at an altitude of 3524 m making it difficult for visitor to breath beng in low in oxygen.

But i don't have time to do road journey. So i book flight from Jakarta to Delhi then book direct flight to Ladakh. And i read go direct from Delhi to Ladakh can give worst altitude sickness.

So I'm Ready for that

The first landing everything seemed okay, check in at the hotel, have breakfast, and the hotel people warn me to just rest and dont walk too much. 

So the first day i just stayed in the hotel and all feel ok, but after one day  i felt my head start spinning.  i have difficult time just  to walk and feel very weak. I start vomiting and my nose start bleeding non stop.

The Hotel Manager was worried with my condition, so He sent me to hospital to get fast treatment and injecton at 9 PM.

When i reached leh hospital, it is full of people who got altituded sicknes. So need queu to get treatment. And the doc says my Oxygen level is 68% the medicine will not help me. So he gave me some injections i forgot what is that. He just asks me to rest till i feel ok to walk again. 

From all the treatment i just need to pay around 12$

Yes my first destination in Ladakh is Hospital 💓





No comments:

Post a Comment