Saturday 22 October 2016

Afternoon meditation at Angkor Wat , Siem Reap - Cambodia

The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life....





It's quite late, i order the tuk tuk from my hotel to take me to Angkor Wat. It will be my second time to visit this amazing UNESCO heritage site.

The first time i visit this place is long long time ago in 2010. I remember , how i wake up pretty early ,around 3 AM to catch the sunrise with very crowd group of tourist near the lake and just focusing to take picture.

and today, I choose to revisit again Angkor Wat , with the different perspektive.

I feel pretty lucky, to explored a huge area of the temple after the rain.  Quiet time. Less Tourist. I just feel like i go back to the old era of khmer.

This place truly have mejesty aura around.  I feel the stone talk to each other. I can hear the wind moving and the bird chirping.

I read from the history. The construction of the temple is symbolism between the setting sun and death. Miniature replica of the universe in stone and represent earthly model of the cosmis world.

This place is great place for meditate.







 Just walk in silent around here

 Be Present , Be Peaceful .....



5 comments:

  1. Peaceful post, Mareta and such captivating pictures as always... I felt the silent meditative aura through them. I am absolutely waiting to welcome you at my place someday, can't wait to drink chai, swap stories and see my own land through your lens someday :) (hopefully soon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely....
    https://outfitsandmakeupblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/long-haul-travel-essentials/

    ReplyDelete