Saturday 3 September 2011

A Walk to Remember

Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away into the next room

I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other
That we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used

Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes
We enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me,
Let my name be ever the household word that
It always was.

Let it be spoken without effort,
Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant
It is the same as it ever was
There is absolutely unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind because I am
Out of sight? I am but waiting for you
For an interval
Somewhere very near
Just around the corner .

All is well.

A poetry by Canon Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918)



Note : All the picture is taken @ Mausoleum Petamburan Memorial Service Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment