Monday 29 January 2018

The best time to visit Shwedagon Pagoda - Part IV


Afternoon to dawn time is my favourite time to visit Shwedagon Pagoda. Why? Because i still can capture the bright sun , the sunset and also the night light around without getting sweating because the yangon weather.

Pilgrim usualy come after dawn time around 5 pm. If you want experienced the praying time with a lot of monk and local come after 5 pm.

I can spent hours here, usualy from 3 pm till 9 pm. In the night time, you can see the real beauty of the temple.


The important thing before visit this place is you should know how to dress. Short and open arm cloth not allow here. You should barefoot too when you enter the temple. There is tourist officer will check you in the front door. If your cloth not respecful enough they will give you kind of sarong and you should wear it.

I wear my own batik that make me be center of attention because its look different and unique. But as usual the local think im Thai nationality and keep greet me with one words "Sawaddi Ka"!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment